Liquidus and Cofactor have recently joined forces to become a truly unique provider of media and ad tech services to the nation’s largest advertisers and their agencies. We are currently seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help build a go-to-market approach and execute strategic marketing plans and tactics for our combined product portfolio. This individual will report directly to the VP, Marketing.
The Product Marketing Manager will be an expert on our customer value proposition, how it informs our internal stakeholders, and ultimately how it solves customer problems. The role is truly cross-functional in nature, and must be able to interface effectively and establish quick credibility with the following:
- Product Managers; to help inform the development of products & solutions that address the needs of our customers
- Sales & Marketing teams; to help position products for success in the market and articulate differentiated value propositions per segment
- All market-facing teams; to plan the market launch of new products, coordinating cross-functional efforts to ensure business and revenue objectives are met
Market & Customer Intelligence
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, including industry trends, market dynamics, key influencers, and a deep understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Develop expertise of our customers, including market segments, customer perception, value drivers, problems & needs, buying journey and use of our products/competitive products.
- Maintain close relationship with Sales team to gather on-going feedback from sellers and customers regarding needs, pain points, objections, product issues & opportunities for future product development.
- Articulate and communicate market & customer insights cross-functionally to help inform Product, Marketing and Sales team efforts.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to help inform key components of product plans.
- Lead Go-To-Market efforts for timely launch of new products including development of product value prop, positioning, packaging, pricing, messaging and value delivery.
- Enable the sales team to prospect, pitch and close business by creating and conducting product training, developing marketing materials, pricing rate cards and internal sales tools & communication.
- Act as product SME to other Marketing team members as they develop integrated plans and tactics for all owned, earned and paid campaigns.
- Assess in-market relevancy of product positioning, packaging and/or messaging.
- Conduct win/loss analysis; remedy post-launch issues & recognize opportunities.
- Analyze & communicate post-launch sell-through insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to provide qualitative feedback to Product team.
- Use product performance data to tell compelling value stories.
- Recommend sales & customer communications, programs & tactics as needed to retain accounts and grow new business.
- Take ownership of all product marketing functions and processes; Develop best approach to meet business objectives.
- Act as a leader and facilitator across the organization to gain support for plans and programs, keeping all stakeholders informed and engaged.
- Proactively contribute critical thinking and analysis to overall strategic business plans.
REQUIRED SKILLS & TRAITS:
- Builds relationships; has innate ability to lead and motivate
- Flexible and open to new ideas; seeks ‘what’s possible’ vs. what’s been done
- Thrives in ambiguous environments; helps others prioritize, focus & make decisions
- Thinks critically and strategically
- Solves problems; resourceful
- Takes initiative with a confident yet curious attitude
- Presents ideas and programs persuasively
- Easily grasps technical information; turns complex concepts into straightforward outcomes
- Reliably meets & exceeds expectations; consistently delivers on priorities
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably for a digital business with a B2B focus
- Demonstrated proficiency in B2B product marketing a must
- Understanding of the digital advertising landscape, programmatic media & ad tech
- Experience supporting sales teams
- Project management of high-visibility initiatives
- Experience working with CPG, Retail & Auto verticals helpful but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including expert knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other business concentration from a four-year college is required; MBA a plus